The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is a 2019 computer-animated adventure comedy film produced by the Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. A direct sequel to The Lego Movie (2014), it is directed by Mike Mitchell, with Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (writers and directors of the first film) returning as producers and writers. It features Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Charlie Day, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, and Will Ferrell reprising their roles from the previous film, while new cast members include Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz, and Maya Rudolph (replacing Amanda Farinos). The film focuses on Emmet Brickowski, as he attempts to rescue his friends from the Systar System, while dealing with a coming cataclysm known as “Armamageddon”.
The Lego Movie 2 Official Trailer
Cast The lego Movie 2 (2019)
Main article: List of The Lego Movie characters
- Chris Pratt as:
- Emmet Brickowski, an everyman, construction worker and inexperienced Master Builder from Bricksburg.
- Rex Dangervest, a self-declared “galaxy-defender, archaeologist, cowboy and raptor trainer.” The character is a spoof of the action roles played by Pratt, including Star-Lord from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (with a reference to Andy Dwyer from Parks and Recreation in the actor’s exercise from the latter character’s body to the former’s), Owen Grady from Jurassic World, and Joshua Faraday from the 2016 remake of The Magnificent Seven, and also a reference to rumors that Pratt would play Indiana Jones. He is later revealed to be Emmet’s future self, after travelling back in time with the help of stolen technology from Back to the Future, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Doctor Who, The Terminator and Hot Tub Time Machine.
- Elizabeth Banks as Lucy / Wyldstyle, a Master Builder.
- Will Arnett as Bruce Wayne / Batman, a DC Comics superhero who is a Master Builder.
- Tiffany Haddish as Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi, the shape-shifting alien queen of the Systar System.
- Stephanie Beatriz as Sweet Mayhem/General Mayhem, an intergalactic mini-doll who is general and law enforcer of the Systar System-Army and works under the orders of Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi.
- Charlie Day as Benny, a Master Builder who is a spaceship-obsessed 1980’s spaceman. In this film, he has a metallic arm.
- Alison Brie as Unikitty, a Master Builder who is a unicorn-horned cat. In this film, instead of turning red when angry, she is red altogether. Over the years since the first film, she has developed the ability to become a giant version of herself called “Ultrakatty” when a battle is about to occur.
- Nick Offerman as MetalBeard, a Master Builder who is a large bionic pirate with a severed head after he lost his original body in an earlier encounter with Lord Business’ forces.
- Jadon Sand as Finn, a young teenager in the real world, whose imagination drives the events happening in the LEGO universe.
- Graham Miller portrays a younger Finn
- Brooklynn Prince as Bianca, Finn’s younger sister, who is the reason why the aliens from the planet Duplo attacked Bricksburg.
- Maya Rudolph as Mom, the unnamed mother of Finn and Bianca in the real world. In the LEGO universe, she’s the bringer of “Armamageddon”. She was previously voiced by Amanda Farinos in the first film.
- Will Ferrell as:
- President Business, the former President of the Octan corporation and the LEGO World, who served as the main antagonist of the first film.
- The Man Upstairs, Finn & Bianca’s father. Outside of re-used footage from the first film, Ferrell does not appear on-screen in this role, performing only an off-screen voiceover.
- Richard Ayoade as a talking ice cream cone who is a citizen of the Systar System and Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi’s right-hand character.
- Channing Tatum as Superman, a DC Comics superhero who is one of the Master Builders.
- Jonah Hill as Green Lantern, a DC Comics superhero who is one of the Master Builders.
- Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman, a DC Comics superhero who is an ambassador of the Amazon people as well as a Master Builder.
- Jason Momoa as Aquaman, a DC Comics superhero who is the king of Atlantis and is also a Master Builder. Momoa reprises his role from the DC Extended Universe.
- Margot Rubin as:
- Harley Quinn, a Gotham City criminal and Master Builder. She was previously voiced by Jenny Slate in The Lego Batman Movie.
- Susan, a mini-doll who is one of Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi’s servants.
- Wonder Woman mini-doll, an inhabitant of Harmony Town.
- Ike Barinholtz as Lex Luthor, a DC Comics villain, Master Builder and the archenemy of Superman.
- Ralph Fiennes as Alfred Pennyworth, a DC Comics character and Master Builder who is Batman’s loyal butler. Fiennes reprises his role from The Lego Batman Movie.
- Will Forte as Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States and a Master Builder.
- Bruce Willis as himself, a Lego caricature of the actor who appears in two scenes including one referencing his character John McClane from the Die Hard series.
- Ben Schwartz as Banarnar, a sentient banana peel who is a citizen and jester of the Systar System.
- Jimmy O. Yang as Zebe, a lavender and black zebra who is a citizen and the bus driver of the Systar System.[
- Noel Fielding as Balthazar, a sparkly-faced teenage vampire describing himself as an “attractive and non-threatening teen vampire” who is a citizen and the spa expert/DJ of the Systar System. He is a nod to Edward Cullen from The Twilight Saga.
- Jorma Taccone as Larry Poppins, a male counterpart of Mary Poppins. Taccone previously voiced William Shakespeare in the first film.
- Gary Payton as himself, a Lego caricature of the basketball player who is a Master Builder.
- Sheryl Swoopes as herself, a Lego caricature of the basketball player.
- Todd Hansen as:
- Gandalf, a wizard from Middle-earth and a Master Builder.
- The Swamp Creature, a gill-man from Lego Monster Fighters and a Master Builder.
- Doug Nicholas as Chainsaw Dave / Purgatory Dave, formerly known as Surfer Dave, who is a citizen of Apocalypseburg, formerly known as Bricksburg.
- Mike Mitchell as:
- Sherry Scratchen-Post, a cat lady who is a citizen of Apocalypseburg, formerly known as Bricksburg.
- A royal guard that works for Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi.
- Eight, an octopus who does massages and works at the spa in the Palace of Infinate Reflection.
- A Harmony Town citizen
- An announcer
- An Apocalypseburg warrior.
- Christopher Miller as:
- Chad, a citizen of the Systar System who is the DJ of the Pop-Up Party Bus under the stage name Tempo.
- A horse
- A talking chocolate bar that resides in the Systar System.
- Plantimals, plant-like creatures in the Systar System that live in the jungles near Harmony Town.
- Paper Boy, a resident of Harmony Town.
- Emily Nordwind as Cleopatra, an Egyptian queen and Master Builder.
- Chris McKay as Larry, a barista that works in Bricksburg.
- Trisha Gum as Velma Dinkley, a character from the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- Ralph Halprin as Dolphin Clock
The film was theatrically released in North America and the United Kingdom on February 8, 2019. The film was released one day earlier in Denmark. This was its third rescheduling; it was first scheduled to be released in the US on May 26, 2017 and then on May 18, 2018.
On January 24, 2019, Warner Bros. announced it would hold one-day previews for the film in 500 theaters in the United States, two days later