The Accidental Prime Minister is a 2019 Indian biographical drama film directed by Vijay Ratnakar Gutte and written by Mayank Tewari, based on the 2014 memoir of the same name by Sanjaya Baru. It was produced by the Bohra Bros under Rudra Production (UK), in association with Jayantilal Gada under the banner of Pen India Limited. It stars Anupam Kher as Manmohan Singh, the economist and politician who served as the 13th Prime Minister of India from 2004 to 2014 under the United Progressive Alliance.
Official TrailerThe Accidental Prime Minister
- Anupam Kher as Manmohan Singh, former Prime Minister of India during 2004 to 2014.
- Akshaye Khanna as Sanjaya Baru, political commentator and Media Advisor to the Prime Minister of India from 2004 to 2008.
- Suzanne Bernert as Sonia Gandhi former president of Indian National Congress.
- Arjun Mathur as Rahul Gandhi, son of Sonia Gandhi
- Aahana Kumra as Priyanka Gandhi, daughter of Sonia Gandhi.
- Abdul Quadir Amin as Ajay Singh
- Vimal Verma as Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Avtar Sahni as L. K. Advani
- Anil Rastogi as Shivraj Patil
- Ajit Satbhai as P. V. Narasimha Rao former Prime Minister of India.
- Chitragupta Sinha as P. V. Ranga Rao, elder son of P. V. Narasimha Rao
- Vipin Sharma as Ahmed Patel
- Divya Seth Shah as Gursharan Kaur
- Shiv Kumar Subramaniam as P. Chidambaram
- Munish Bhardwaj as Kapil Sibal
- Ram Avtar as Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Sunil Kothari as A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Atul Kumar as J. N. “Mani” Dixit
- Anish Kuruvilla as T. K. A. Nair
- Prakash Belawadi as M. K. Narayanan
- Madan Joshi as Brajesh Mishra
- Pradeep Chakravarti as Pranab Mukherjee
- Yogesh Tripathy as Natwar Singh
- Bobby Parvez as Pulok Chatterji
- Anil Zankar as Sitaram Yechury
- Hansal Mehta as Naveen Patnaik
- Deepak Gheewala as N. Ram
- Naval Shukla as Yashwant Sinha
- Deepak Dadwal as Jaswant Singh
- Ashok Sagar Bhagat as Arjun Singh
- Ramesh Bhatkar as Prithviraj Chavan
- Subhash Tyagi as Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Manoj Tiger as Amar Singh
- Adarsh Gautam as former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Yousaf Raza Gilani
- Chembur Hari as A. K. Antony
- Kishor Jaykar as George Fernandes
- Aazam Khan as Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Vijay Singh as Bhairon Singh Shekhawat
- Askari Naqvi as Vir Sanghvi
- Pradeep Kuckreja as Prakash Karat
- Gull Jolly as Daman Singh
- Archana Sharma as Chiki Sarkar
In opening weekend the film collected ₹11.90 crore from India. It grossed ₹29.04 crore from domestic circuit and ₹2.83 crore (US$410,000) from overseas making it ₹31.87 crore worldwide